What is Tadalafil (Generic Cialis)?
Tadalafil is an active ingredient of class PDE5 medications which is used to treat Erectile Dysfunction (impotence in men), Pulmonary Hypertension and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). Tadalafil is available under the brand name Generic Cialis.
As Tadalafil is similar to Sildenafil (Viagra), the patient should know the basic difference. Also, the medicine is available in different strength variations and should only be taken as per the prescription from the doctor.
Tadalafil vs. Sildenafil
The basic difference between Tadalafil and Sildenafil is that Tadalafil leads to harder erection for a longer duration than Sildenafil. In the former case, the effect of Tadalafil lasts for around 36 hours (which is why the medicine is also referred to as ‘weekend pill’). The patients taking Sildenafil feel the effect of medicine for comparatively shorter duration i.e. around 4 to 6 hours.
When is Tadalafil prescribed?
The patient who is experiencing a dissatisfied sex life due to softer erection or not able to attain a harder erection for a longer duration is mostly prescribed with Tadalafil. Your doctor may prescribe this Generic Cialis as Vidalista or Tadalista.
The medicine is available in 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg & more strength variations with Tadalafil being the major active ingredient. It may be harmful under certain situations, depending on the patient’s physical and psychological health conditions. Thus, it is always recommended to take the medicine only if your doctor prescribes it.
The patients should know that Tadalafil is used to treat ED but is not the complete cure of the issue faced by them. The doctor may increase or reduce the dosage as per the need felt.
How does Tadalafil work?
Tadalafil or Generic Cialis treat the common causes of ED or BPH which are found to be inadequate blood flow in the penis or the stress around the pelvic organs. When the patient consumes a dose of Tadalafil, it begins to show the effectiveness within 30 to 50 minutes, provided that the patient is sexually aroused.
It releases nitric oxide in the penis which relaxes the smooth muscles around the pelvic organs by interfering with the production cycle of cGMP. It provides ample blood flow to the penis which ultimately leads to a harder erection for a longer duration. However, only one dose per day is recommended to see the desired results.
Uses of Tadalafil:
1. Tadalafil is used as an active ingredient in medicines which are used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) in men
2. It is used to treat Pulmonary Hypertension
3. Tadalafil in the form of Vidalista or Tadalista is also used to treat the symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) which is a situation when the prostate gland gets enlarged and causes urination problems.
Following are the side effects of Tadalafil or Generic Cialis:
• Upset Stomach
• Sleep Disorder
• Redness on the face
• The medicine is strictly for the use of men and should not be given to/consumed by women or children below 18 years of age.
• The patient should not miss/skip the dose or overdose in any case as Generic Cialis may show negative effects after this.
• The patient should immediately consult the doctor if any of the side effects appear or the erection lasts for more than the specified duration by the doctor.