What is Vardenafil?
Generic Levitra is sold under the name Vardenafil. The medicine basically derives its name from the Vardenafil Hydrochloride (HCL), which is the major active ingredient of this medicine which is used to treat Erectile Dysfunction (ED) or impotence in men.
ED is a situation when the patient is not able to attain a harder erection due to any physical or psychological reasons. This ultimately leads to dissatisfied sex life. In addition to Vardenafil HCL, Generic Levitra tablets contain microcrystalline cellulose, crospovidone, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, Hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide, yellow ferric oxide, and red ferric
Vardenafil is available in the market under several dosages of varying strengths i.e. 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg. The medicines like Zhewitra or Vilitra with an active ingredient of Vardenafil HCL may be prescribed by the doctors.
Vardenafil vs. Viagra
Vardenafil is often compared with Viagra. The main difference between Generic Levitra i.e. Vardenafil and Viagra is that the effect of this medicine lasts for a longer duration as compared to Viagra. It is observed that the patient achieves a harder erection for around 4 hours of its
consumption while the effect of Viagra remains for a shorter time period.
However, the doctor’s decision is final as to which medicine should be taken by you to treat ED. Sometimes, the initial dosage may be of 10 mg which may be later increased or reduced depending upon the patient’s current medical health.
How does Vardenafil work?
Vardenafil treats the major causes of ED in men. The stress around the blood vessels or the inadequate blood flow in the penis may be one of the reasons for not causing a complete erection. The active ingredient Vardenafil provides ample blood flow in the penis and relaxes the smooth muscles around the pelvic organs. As the stress around these organs is reduced and blood flow is boosted in the penis, men
can achieve a harder erection for a longer time. This leads to satisfactory sexual intercourse and men experience longer playtime during sex.
Uses of Vardenafil
Vardenafil, also purchased as Zhewitra or Vilitra is basically used to treat Erectile Dysfunction or impotence in men.
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Digestion or Sleep Disorders
- Excessive Sweating
- Dryness of throat
- Flushed face or redness on the face
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Increase in the blood pressure
- A Sudden increase in the heartbeat
- Nervousness and confusion
- As Vardenafil is one of the medications which is used to treat ED in men, it should not be taken in combination of any other medicines used for the same purpose. The patient should avoid taking Vardenafil if they are already taking
Tadalafil, Sildenafil or Avanafil else adverse effects may show up.
- Vardenafil or Generic Levitra is strictly for the use of adult men between 18 to 64 years of age. It should not be given to/consumed by women or children below the specified age.
- Consult your doctor first for the correct dosage guidance, warnings and precautions to be considered before taking the medicine. The medicine may not suit well to the patients under certain physical or psychological conditions.
- Only one dose per day is recommended to be taken by the patient and the patient should not overdose in any situation or change the dosage until and unless guided by the doctor.