What is Fildena Tablet?
Fildena, also referred to as Generic Viagra sometimes is a class PDE5 inhibitor medication used to treat Erectile Dysfunction (ED) or impotence in men. It may also be prescribed for the symptoms of Pulmonary Hypertension (PAH).
Fildena Tablets have Sildenafil Citrate as its major active ingredient which is responsible to treat the problems like softer erection or the inability to achieve an erection for a longer duration. As there are more variations available under the medicine name Fildena, there may be accompanying ingredients depending on the composition of the medicine. It is thus recommended to take the medicine only if the doctor prescribes it.
Fildena Tablets Availability
Fildena Tablets are available in the following variations which may be consumed as per the doctor’s prescription:
- Fildena 25 mg
- Fildena 50 mg
- Fildena Chewable 50 mg
- Fildena 100 mg
- Fildena Chewable 100 mg
- Fildena 120 mg
- Fildena 150 mg
- Fildena Super Active
- Fildena Double 200 mg
Fildena 25 mg is the lightest dose of the medicine and it may be prescribed initially while Fildena Double 200 mg is the maximum dosage to be consumed.
How does Fildena work?
Sildenafil being the basic & main active ingredient of Fildena, it affects the male genitals to help them achieve a harder erection naturally. It is to be noticed that the patient should be sexually stimulated for the medicine to become active.
The patient should consume Fildena before 30 minutes to 1 hour of the planned sexual intercourse for Sildenafil to get activated. The medicine may show its effectiveness within 30 to 40 minutes as soon as the patient gets sexually activated.
Sildenafil relaxes the stress around the smooth muscles of the pelvic organs and lowers the blood pressure levels of the body. It also works to amplify the cGMP cycle and does not allow the production of cGMP to be reduced with the release of nitric oxide in the body. Thus, the blood vessels in the penis receive consistent blood flow which is adequate for a harder and firm erection to be gained for a longer duration. This ultimately increases the playtime during sex for a satisfactory ejaculation. The effect of Fildena Tablets remains for around 4 hours in the patient which is enough to have pleasurable sex.
How to take Fildena Tablets?
- Fildena tablets should be taken as one whole tablet per day with a glass of water. The patient should not crush, chew or break the tablet until the medicine formation is Chewable or sublingual.
- The medicine may be taken with or without food but the consumption of fatty meals should be avoided if you are going to take the medicine. Only one dose per 24 hours is enough for the patient.
- Fatty meals slow down the activeness time of the medicine.
- Consumption of alcohol or grapefruit juice should be strictly avoided as Sildenafil may show severe negative effects with it.
- Only the doctor can prescribe the correct dose of Fildena tablets for the patient and also the dosage instructions of the medicine.
Side Effects of Fildena
Most Fildena Tablets have the following Side Effects in common:
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Digestion or Sleep Disorders
- Excessive Sweating
- Dryness of throat
- Flushed face or redness on the face
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Increase in the blood pressure
- A Sudden increase in the heartbeat
- Nervousness and confusion
There may be more side effects, depending on the patient’s physical and psychological health. Hence, all the allergies, as well as allergic ingredients, should be discussed with the doctor before taking the medicine.
Consult the doctor immediately if any abnormal body reaction is observed or if the erection lasts longer than the specified duration by the doctor.
- Fildena tablets should only be purchased if you have been prescribed by the doctor.
- The patients allergic to Sildenafil should avoid taking medicine.
- The consumption of Fildena Tablets should be avoided if the patient is already taking any other medicine for the treatment of ED, pulmonary hypertension or premature ejaculation.
- All the current medicines should be discussed with the doctor to avoid conflicts between the active ingredients of different medicines consumed by the patient.
- The patients having cardiovascular problems, kidney and liver problems or any other severe health issues should not take the medicine as it has serious adverse effects on the body.
- Only one dose of Fildena Tablets should be taken in a single day. The patient should not stop taking the medicine or continue its consumption on the basis of assumptions. The dosage guidance should be followed as prescribed by the doctor.
- Though Fildena can be taken before or after meals, its consumption should be avoided after having fatty meals as it slows down its effectiveness.
- Drinking Alcohol, grapefruit juice or smoking should be avoided near the consumption of Fildena as Sildenafil react adversely.
- The approximate lasting time of the medicine’s effect is 4 hours as maximum. Consult the doctor immediately if the erection lasts longer than this or any side effects are observed.
- The medicine may cause dizziness or a temporary feeling of numbness to the patient. Hence, driving or operating any machinery should be avoided to be safe.
- Most of the Fildena tablets are strictly for the use of men only. It should not be given to/consumed by women or children below 18 years of age.
- Is Fildena safe?
Fildena tablets are safe for consumptions under certain conditions and for the patients who are not having specific physical or psychological issues. Consult your doctor to know if Fildena is safe for you or not.
- Does Fildena work?
Yes. Fildena tablets are one of the popular medications used to treat ED, impotence, and PAH in men.
- How many mg of Fildena should I take?
25 mg to 200 mg dosage of Fildena is available for purchase but only a doctor can guide the patient with the correct dosage to be consumed.
- Who should not take Fildena Tablets?
Fildena tablets may prove to be harmful to surgical patients, heart disease patients, patients having low blood pressure problems & more. Thus, current medical health should be discussed first with the doctor before taking the medicine.